11 Nights/12 Days
Family, Group, Couple, Corporate
Sightseeing, Accommodation, Transportation, Meals
Detailed Daywise Itinerary
Day 1 : NJP/Rly station –IXB Airport Phuentsholling about 170 kms /4hrs
Meet & Greet on arrival at Siliguri and transfer to Phuentsholling - The Gateway of Bhutan by Road from India. Phuentsholling is a thriving commercial centre on the northern edge of the Indian Plains. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay will be at Phuentsholling.
Day 2 : Phuentsholling - Thimphu (176 kms / 6 hr):
After breakfast complete the immigration formalities and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay will be at Thimphu.
Day 3 : Thimphu Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Kings Memorial Chorten (Monument), Changangkha Monastery, National Zoo (Contains National Animal Takin), National Library, BBS Tower, Folk Heritage Museum, Textile Museum, School of Arts and Crafts, National Institute of Traditional Medicine, Traditional Paper Factory (made from Daphne plant). Overnight stay will be at Thimphu.
Day 4 : Thimphu – Punakha / Wangdue (77 kms / 3 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Punakha / Wangdue Phodrang (4,300 ft.), via Dochu-La-Pass (10,170 ft.). Continue towards Punakha visit Chimi Lhakhang - The Temple of Fertility built in 15th century. Also visit Punakha Dzong. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay will be at Punakha.
Day 5 : Punakha / Wangdu - Phobjikha.(78km/3hr)
After breakfast will drive to Phobjikha. Phobjikha is winter home of black neck crane, the rare migratory bird of Tibet. Phobjikha valley is well known for their mass potato production and as a starting point of Gangtay trek. Annually the place hosts a famous black neck festival and community religious festival attracting thousands of people from near and far. On arrival visit the centrally located Gangtay monastery, evening back to hotel night stay.
Day 6 : Punakha - Bumthang. (188/06 hours)
After breakfast drive to Bumthang. On the way visit Trongsa dzong, this is the most impressive Dzong (fort-monastery) in the kingdom, and can be seen from a great distance in its strategic position high above the Mangde Chhu. It is one of the most aesthetic and magnificent works of traditional Bhutanese architecture, a rambling collection of buildings trailing down the ridge. It has a succession of beautiful courtyards. Before reaching Bumthang we will visit Chumey valley which is nowadays a popular tourist stop to see Yathra weaving (deep colored wool textile). You can see the weavers at work here and shop for textiles.
Day 7 : Bumthang Valley
After the scrumptious breakfast will move out for sightseeing which includes:
Jambay Lhakhang built in the 7th century by the King Songtsen Goempo of Tibet. In his effort to propagate Buddhism he had a plan to build a total of 108 temples in Tibet and neighboring kingdoms.
Kujey Lhakhang (Kujey means, "Body imprint"). The temple to the right is the oldest and was built by Minjur Tempa in 1652. It was built around the cave in which Guru Rinpoche meditated and left His body imprints.
Tamshing Lhakhang: The temple and monastery are remarkable for their direct connection to the Bhutanese saint Pema Lingpa. It is now a seat of Lama Sungtrul Rinpoche the current speech incarnation of Pema Lingpa. Tamshing consists of a deteriorating temple and cramped monks quarters. The monastery supports a body of over 95 monks.
Jakar Dzong: "castle of the white bird". According to legend, when the lamas assembled in about 1549 to select a site for a monastery, a big white bird rose flew suddenly in the air and settled on a spur of a hill. This was interpreted as an important omen, and the hill was chosen as the site for a monastery and for Jakar Dzong. The fortress is now used as an administrative center of the valley and summer residence of Trongsa monks. In the evening stroll around the beautiful landscape of the Bumthang Jakar valley .
Day 8 : Bumthang - Punakha(212 km/8 hr)
After your breakfast we will drive back to Punakha. It will be long drive of 8 hours. Check into hotel over night stay.
Day 9 : Punakha - Paro (140 kms / 5 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Paro. Check in to hotel. After lunch visit:-
National Museum, housed in the Ta Dzong (watchtower). Here an intriguing collection of artifacts provide a wonderful introduction to the rich culture and heritage of the Kingdom.
Paro Dzong, a fine example of Bhutanese historic architecture. From the Dzong, walk further down to Nyamai Zampa, a traditional cantilever bridge.
Kyichu Lhakhang: It was built sometimes in mid 7th century by the Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo. It is believed to be one of the 108 temples built to subdue a demoness residing in the Himalayas. It is one of the oldest temples in Bhutan.
Day 10 : Paro - sightseeing
Today after the leisurely breakfast we will proceed for an excursion to the famous place called Taktsang Monastery (6hrs hike) Taktsang Monastery (Tiger Nest) is located at top of about 800 meter cliff in Paro. It takes slightly more than an hour and a half to reach the monastery on foot from the nearest road point. Taktsang or the Tigers lair as the monastery.
Day 11 : Gurumara via Phuentsholling(200 kms / 7 hrs)
After breakfast check out from hotel and transfer to Gurumara National forest Reserve. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay will be at Gurumara. (Gurumara Jeep/Jungle Safari on request at an extra cost).
Day 12 : Gurumara– NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (90 kms / 3hrs)
After breakfast check out from the hotel and take the departure transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
Inclusions & Exclusions
The above tour cost is inclusive of
- Accommodation on double sharing basis in the mentioned hotels or of similar category.
- Inner Line Permits as per the itinerary.
- All currently applicable taxes.
The above tour cost excludes
- Airfare to and from Bhutan or any other destination.
- Monument & Museum Entrance Fees to be paid directly.
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc).
- Any kind of optional tours.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee.
- Services of vehicle on leisure days and after finishing the sightseeing tour.
- Adventure activity costs (Rafting, paragliding etc).
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Road blocks, natural calamities and natures fury.
- Anything not mentioned under the category “PACKAGE INCLUSIONS” .
- To & fro air / train tickets from Bhutan to Bhutan.
- Any portage at Airport and Hotels tips, Laundry, Mineral water, Telephone charges and all items of personal nature and meals and drinks not specified in the inclusions.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Entrances to the monuments.
- Any High Season, Christmas, Diwali, New Year Supplement Charges.
- High Season Supplements unless mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- 3.09% GST on total tour cost.
AC luxury Private vehicle will be provided as per the above tour itinerary including all internal transfer, sightseeing, Driver allowances, taxes & Parking.
- In Case of exceptional circumstances where in we are not in position to provide Hotel mentioned, shall offer similar Hotel.
- Visit to all Museums in program is subject to their remaining open on day of visit as per rules of competent authority.
- All Cost quoted are in INR.
- All expenses which are not included in the cost of package shall be paid directly by tourist at the time of checkout.
Above cost is valid for 15 days from the date of quotation
All Indian tourists are required to carry valid Photo IDs issued by any govt. institution, for the inner line permits. Children accompanying the parents are required to carry date of birth certificate. Non submission of the above documents will result in denial of entry to the restricted areas in Bhutan.
For further queries feel free to contact round the clock.
- 1. All Rates & bookings subject to availability.
- 2. Rates are subject to change.
- 3. Tour confirmation only on receipt of full payment.
Basic Cancellation Policy
Before 30 days 100% of tour cost.
In Case of exceptional circumstances where in we are not in position to provide Hotel mentioned, shall offer similar Hotel.
- 1. Visit to all Museums in program is subject to their remaining open on day of visit as per rules of competent authority.
- 2. All Cost quoted are in INR.
- 3. All expenses which are not included in the cost of package shall be paid directly by tourist at the time of checkout.
All Indian tourists are required to carry valid Photo IDs issued by any govt. institution, for the inner line permits. Children accompanying the parents are required to carry date of birth certificate. Non submission of the above documents will result in denial of entry to the restricted areas in Sikkim.
For further queries feel free to contact round the clock.